|Click here for Older Issues|
April 14, 2016
* Appreciating Nature; and making better communities. - by - Elliot Rodger, WBCA.
* Fairmont Confectionary - a Legacy; Community loses highly respected couple. - by - Carol Paschal.
* Street of Rock; Volunteer choir really rocks. - by - Kayren Mosurinjohn.
* Letter to the Editor; Rochester Park Plans. - by - Gary Ludington.
* 2016 Parkdale Food Centre AGM; New location, new ideas. - by - Karen Secord, P.F.C.
* Speaking of ‘Overdue’...; Community Demands Equal Facilities for Rosemount Library. - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D.
* Photo Inset: “Thank you, Paul Dewar”. - by - John Patrick Mills (photo).
* Grannies With A Goal; Unitarian GoGos of West Ottawa. - by - Joan Turner. (Pics Added)
* Mechanicsville Community Association; AGM looks at current issues. - by - Lorrie Marlow, MCA.
* (Online-only) Spring 2016 Newswest Garden Calendar. - by - staff.
* Superheroes in the Garden; Soil microbes at work for you. - by - Hilary Kemsley.
* Hintonburg Spring Clean-up; Clean the Capital Campaign. - by - Pat O'Brien, HCA.
* Federal Report; Volunteers build communities. - by - Catherine McKenna, MP, Ottawa Centre. (Extra Text)
* Cst Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Springtime awareness. - by - Cst Dawn Neilly.
* Provincial Report; Building Safer Communities in Ottawa and Across Ontario. - by - Yasir Naqvi, MPP Ottawa Centre. (Extra Text)
* Easter Holidays; Non-Denominational March Break, 1960’s style. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only) 10th Annual Gala Benefits Nepali Resilience April 30th; Dinner, Nepali Dancing, Silent Auction and more. - by - Susan Mellor.
* (Online-only) “The Ascent of Women”, on May 3rd for Project TEMBO; An Evening with Award-Winning Sally Armstrong. - by - Mary Lu Beaupre.
* (Online-only) House Down the Street; Lost Mechanicsville, 72 Carruthers. - by - Maureen Cullingham.
* (Online-only) (April 7) Around Town: Hintonburger hits The Gladstone stage this Month; Spotlight on a Local Actor. - by - staff.
May 26, 2016
* Theatre Life Keeps West End Impresario Busy; Director David Whiteley pauses to chat. - by - Randy Kroeker. (Extra Pic)
* Policing in the Community; If it isn’t broke... - by - Cheryl Parrott, HCA Security Committee.
* Cst Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Cycling safety. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly.
* Photo Inset: Hintonburg’s Donna Brouse; A Leading Woman Building Community. - by - Photo courtesy of Hintonburg Community Association.
* Rosemount Library; An important community effort. - by - Blaine Marchand, Rosemount Expansion and Development (R.E.A.D.).
* Thank you very Mulch!; Guerrilla gardeners get a hand. - by - Lorrie Marlow, Recreation Association of Hintonburg. (Extra Text)
* 2000 spaces: Do the Math; What does “Transit-oriented” mean to you? - by - Cheryl Parrott, Hintonburg resident.
* Previous Address; Images of old Mechanicsville (#3 in a series). - by - Maureen Cullingham. (Extra Pic)
* SCAM ALERT; Recent reports from the Hintonburg neighbourhood. - by - HCA Security Committee. (Extra Text)
* Federal Report; The canal, the climate and the NCC. - by - Catherine McKenna, Ottawa-Centre MP.
* Provincial Report; A Place to Call Home. - by - Yasir Naqvi, MPP Ottawa Centre.
* OWCS Gears up for Pie Throwing; Second annual fundraiser growing in popularity. - by - Sarah Doiron, Ottawa West Community Support. (Extra Pics)
* Train Bridge Swimming Hole; A tradition for generations. - by - Anna Borris.
* (Online-only) Photo Inset: Somerset ain’t square; Thanks to Ingrid Dabringer. - by - Ingrid Dabringer (Photo).
* (Online-only) Summer Gardening; 5 perfect plants. - by - Hilary Kemsley.
* (Online-only) Rumour has it... - by - staff.
* (Online-only) Video review: Spencer Street before the make over. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) Back to the Future? Hmm...; DVD rentals re-emerge in Hintonburg. - by - Carol Paschal.
* (Online-only) Square Dancing; It’s anything BUT square. - by - Sharon Fotheringham.
June 23, 2016
* Clare Gardens Park Clean Up; Community park enjoys ‘mulch’ success. - by - Deb Chapman.
* Twenty Years of Rhythmic Connection; Baobab Drum Dance Community. - by - Clare Farley.
* Federal Report; Green energy combats climate change. - by - Catherine McKenna, MP, Ottawa Centre. (Extra text)
* Real Estate Report; Warmer weather brings hot market. - by - Doug Herbert, Royal Lepage Team Realty, brokerage. (Extra text)
* Photo Inset: Nepean Fine Arts League; Ukranian Hall hosted camp benefit. - by - Judy Mulvihill (Photo).
* Can You Wax Lyrical?; About your library? - by - Blaine Marchand, R.E.A.D.
* CHNA Spring Info Session; Civic Hospital Neighbourhood updates. - by - Randy Kroeker.
* Cst Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Summer safety matters. - by - Cst Dawn Neilly.
* Previous Address; #4 in a series (Images of old Mechanicsville). - by - Maureen Cullingham. (Extra Pic)
* Drivers Ed 1967; 90 days and you’re good to go. - by - Anna Borris.
* Rumour Has It... - by - staff. (Extra text)
* (Online-only) Westfest Great Success in New Location; Fresh locale, new ideas keep local tradition alive. - by - Randy Kroeker.
* (Online-only)(June 16) Westfest’s New Venue ... Rocked It!; Images Of Its First Weekend at Laroche Park. - by - Allyson Domanski. ( text portion also appeared in June 23 print Issue as Westfest’s New Venue Rocked It!; Laroche Park fills the bill.)