|Click here for Older Issues|
February 19, 2015
* The Hintonburg Howitzer; A mystery in our history. - by - Paulette Dozois. (More pics Online)
* Your Safety Counts; Safe Streets Group formed. - by - Anne Duggan, Coordinator, Safe Streets Working Group.
* Walkability Audit; How fit are our streets? - by - "2500 Buses A Day - No Way" Group.
* Snow Plowing Standards; There IS a system here. - by - Hintonburg Community Association.
* Street of Rock; Youth group sings out for SPCA. - by - Kayren Mosurinjohn.
* Important Conversations; Suicide Prevention. - by - Paul Dewar, MP Ottawa Centre.
* Letter to the Editor; Zen and Our Trees. - by - Emma Robe. (More pics Online)
* Newswest, Growing and Changing; In print and on-line. - by - Newswest Webmaster.
* Provincial Report; Community Opportunity and Security. - by - Yasir Naqvi, MPP-Ottawa Centre.
* (Online-only) Its Not Just a Walk in the Park; How you can help a visually impaired person. By Steven Doucette, Spokesperson, Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind.
* (Online-only) Cst. Neilly’s Neighbourhood; Crime Prevention Tips (for Businesses). - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly.
March 19, 2015
* Church Wants Shift in Planned LRT Route; Senior's Residence, Award Winning Garden at Risk. - by - Michael and Maureen Cassidy, Unitarian House residents.
* The Big Stink; Locals Forced from Homes after Sewer Fix Chemical Leak. - by - Cheryl Parrot.
* March 19, 2015: Celebrating Hockey Day at Plouffe Park Rink!; Adults and kids showed their love for the game on Valentine’s Day. - by - Lorrie Marlow, Plant Pool Recreation Association and Hintonburg Recreation Association.
* Eugene O’Neill Play at Carleton; Chamber Theatre Hintonburg returns to the tavern April 2-18. - by - Allyson Domanski.
* Coming To A Corner Near You!; Community Mail Boxes Arriving soon in Westboro. - by - Gary Ludington, vice chair, Westboro Community Association.
* Report From City Hall; Local Councillor Replies to Your Issues. - by - Jeff Leiper, Councillor, Kitchissippi Ward.
* Photo Inset: Safe Streets Working Group Survey. - by - Safe Streets Working Group. (+Extra info)
* Community Police Report; Crime Prevention - Lock your Doors. - by - Cst. Dawn Neilly.
* Security and Liberty with Bill C-51; Politics vs Protections. - by - Paul Dewar, M.P.
* Bend It in the ‘Burg with the Ottawa Cougars; Free Soccer Program Ages 7-14, March 24 to May 12. - by - Lorrie Marlow, Hintonburg Recreation Association and Plant Pool Recreation Association.
* Unconventional Fibre Art Will Wow Visitors; Out of the Box presents 4th Fibre Fling. - by - Doreen Meyer.
* Photo Inset: A House Built in a Day. - by - Gary Ludington (Photo).
* Hello Newswest!; More News-bits and Local Rumblings. - by - staff.
* (Online-only) Letter to the Editor; Proposed Multi-Use Pathway Spot is a Mountain of Snow! - by - Cheryl Parrot.
* (Online-only) Photo Essay: Out of the Box Artists Return to Fibre Fling 4 (April 10th - 11th). - by - Out of the Box Artists.
April 16, 2015
The Perils of Reporting Graffiti; No good deed goes unpunished? - by - Larry Hudon and Carol Lethbridge. (More pics Online)
* A Snow Dump on Private Property;...in the heart of the City? - by - Cheryl Parrott.
* Change is Growth; Broadview School Rebuild. - by - Jeanne Inch. (More pics Online)
* Concert for Kitties; Street of Rock fills the Carleton. - by - Gabby Mosurinjohn-Lockey.
* West End Window Shopping; Charity and Creativity Come Together. - by - Adrian Mulligan. (Full pics Online)
* Rosemount Library; A literary gem due for an upgrade. - by - Blaine Marchand. (More pics Online)
* The Intern Protection Act; Interns or just free labour? - by - Paul Dewar, MP Ottawa Centre.
* Cst Neilly's Neighbourhood; Spring Security Tips. - by - Cst Dawn Neilly.
* Balcony Gardens; A Daily Dose of "Vitamin G". - by - Hilary Kemsley.
* WBCA Welcomes Spring; An Evening with Bruce De Labio (April 28th). - by - Elliot Rodger.
* (Online-only) A Poet Among the Peonies; Local Volunteer Tells A Tale of Flowers and of the CEF long ago (April 28). - by - Mary Ann Smythe.
* (Online-only) Review: Chamber Theatre Hintonburg's "The Hairy Ape" at Carleton Tavern (until April 18th). - by - Allyson Domanski.
* (Online-only) Newswest Garden Calendar. - by - Staff.